Friday, March 5, 2010

Science 3/5/10

The concept of dihybrid crossing is to have a set of four genes going across and vertically. This gives you more options to see your outcome in the things that you produce. If i were to go back into the future, i would tell myself that when figuring out the percent chance to write down the recesive and dominant traits so that I would be more organized when figuring out the problem. Below is a dihybrid cross:

















The next concept is selective breeding. This term means that you take two things and morph them together on purpose. This would be like having a mix between a dog and a cat or a deer and a moose.
Selective breeding is on purpose while as regular breeding in not planned. During our discussion o selective breeding I didn't have any trouble with it so, i would not recommend myself to ch
ange yet.
The last term is incomplete and co-dominance. Incomplete dominance is when two dominant allele mix together. Co-dominance means to have both dominant alleles separate, but together in a separate way. I would just tell myself for the future to make sure i have my definitions straight so i don't make a careless mistake on a quiz or test. This following pictures are incomplete dominance and co-dominance:
The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment