Sunday, March 21, 2010

Genetic Variety Blog

Genetic variety has to do with a lot about our rebops. During the process of creating a new child, our previous children came in contact with other bugs that had different traits. This made our resulting bug different form their original parent appearance. For example my first bug did not have wings, but my mates bug had a dominant case of wings so my child ended up having wings. This shows that the genes can interchange with each other during fertilization and create the child's original genotypes to change. Also this is a reason why no two children look the same, because there is a whole new set of genes to link with once you fertilize with your mate. Also, my first child had a yellow body and once I fertilized with my mates first child, my new child had a green body. This just shows that once original genes are meet with new genes the resulting child might have mixed genetic information from both parents.


These fish might have come from the same family and their parents' genes fertilized to get children will all different skin colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment